Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Application speed boost (v1.1.0)

New version is up with huge speed improvements.

Fitlog parsing:
application now gets only basic data from fitlog file (which takes only few seconds), then you can freely use application and rest of data will be processed in background process (you can see progress in notifications area).

Garmin parsing:
application first downloads only list of activities. Once this is done you can use application and activities will be downloaded in background one by one. If you'll try to open activity which is not yet downloaded application will prioritize that activity so it will be immediately downloaded as next activity.
All Garmin files are now downloaded to sd-card as TCX files so it won't be needed to re-download if file format changes.


Another improvements:
- map routes are down-sampled if activity is zoomed out, this way it's much faster to navigate map (especially on long routes or multiple routes in compare mode)
- all graphs draws much faster
- added smoothing of graph values to preferences
- memory optimization
- few bug fixes

If you'll find any problems please let me know in comments.

Petko

6 comments:

  1. Here are a few things that I’ve noticed/nice to haves:
    1. When opening a TCX file, there is a filter that only displays files with a “tcx” extension. Files with a “TCX” extension are not displayed.
    2. Using a “tcx” file… On the INFO screen, the time of the activity is displayed with the UTC time zone. It would be nice if this was displayed with the time zone configured in my phone’s settings.
    3. A settings button on the INFO screen would be nice to change between metric/US.
    4. On the GRAPHS page, it would be nice if the graphs used the entire vertical space. It’s nice that it will switch to horizontal mode when the phone is rotated, but the vertical space does not change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PQ, I'll to check how easy would be to add these suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a small bug. I downloaded this application to look at my Garmin Connect data. When I tried to log into Garmin Connect it said my user name or password was bad. I double checked my password, I know it was correct because the same password pasted into a browser worked.

    I changed my password from a secure password (was f6&c2Zz9) to something simpler like "abc123" and then your application worked. I updated my password again and just added the '&' at the end and your application failed to log in again. So apparently there is a bug that if certain characters are in your password for Garmin Connect, the application will fail to log in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Just came across your app and installed it on my Asus Transformer tablet TF101, but I keep getting an error message stating "Unfortunately Garmin Connect Viewer has stopped". Is there anything I can do to get the app running since I use Sport tracks on my PC and would like to see my runs on my tablet.

    Thanks,
    Vernon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter,

      Thanks for the latest update. The app. now opens correctly and is currently downloading my runs from Garmin Connect. I'm looking forward to using the app to monitor my runs on my tablet :-)

      Cheers,
      Vernon

      Delete